Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Big Boys and Girls Are Now Gone

Today we said goodbye to our 7 "big" chickens.  Keith our Blue Andalusian was getting so aggressive and attacking me (actually anybody that entered the pen) every time I went into the pen to feed them I was totally sick of it and called the farmer that used to take the chickens over the winter.  We decided that it would be best if we only kept the bantys actually we did keep 2 Buff Orpingtons that grew up with the bantys so we went from 30 chickens down to 23 which is much more manageable.  We also have 2 ducks that I really wish were not there they are so messy, they are cute, I will give them that, but they really need to be in a pond!!!

I will be posting more pictures of the flock soon, now that I can enter the pen without fear that I will get spurred! Hopefully I will be able to make friends with the baby bantys instead of scaring them to death by carrying a weapon in with me.  We still have not named all the babies still waiting to see which are roos and which are hens. I'm sure that their little personalities will come shinning through now that the big ones are gone.  More later........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...