Monday, February 24, 2014

We Had A Death In The Coop.....So Sad




Here in Iowa the temps have been below freezing most of the winter....we had a couple of nice days that were in the low 40's so we let the chickens out so they could stretch their legs....when the weather predicted below freezing temps we thought we got all the chickens in....unfortunately we missed one and he was out in this weather for 2 days without food or water, he did have some shelter, but one of the girls from work called me at home and said there was a chicken out....so we got in the car and drove over to work and sure enough we missed a rooster.  I took him home to warm him up and he was eating and drinking and seemed fine so we put him back in with the other chickens, we did notice that he was getting picked on but as we all know it happens....well one day went by and we were good....the second day not so much.  My hubby went in the coop first and the poor guy was just ripped to shreds I felt so horrible and still do.  I should have kept him home with me for at least 2 - 3 days before taking him back....I WILL NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!!!

So here's to Chubalub......we will see each other again my little friend, I know you will be waiting for me!  So have fun chasing grasshoppers, and eating worms until we meet again little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...