Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Battle Royal

Ok, I know that 6 roosters in the same coop could be a problem, but for the most part they all get along with a squabble here and there but either last night or early this morning Chub-a-lub a banty rooster and Big Red a full sized rooster when at it but good!  At first I was feeling sorry for Chub-a lub until closer inspection.....he beat the stuffing's out Big Red the poor rooster's comb was black and blue, as well as his waddles he has no tail feathers and blood on his beak...it's really kind of sad.  Usually they face off and go at each other a couple of times and then things are fine for months....not sure what happened today.  I think that being cooped up for more than a couple days  makes them stir crazy....at least I hope that is what is going on.  After all this is my first winter keeping the chickens so it's on the job training.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...